Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy Mario Kart Day!!!! Yes folks, Mario Kart day. This holiday celebrates one of the best and most fun video games made. In honor of this day, you have to play at least one of the fabulous games. Whether it be the classic N64 version, or one of the newer ones, like the one of the Wii. This holiday was created in April 12, 20008. This is a new holiday, because when mario kart on the Wii came out, they made it so you can go online and play with others across the world. The history of Mario Kart dates back to 1992 when super mario kart was made, also a great game. This holiday is for people who like racing, and love mario games. Happy Mario Kart Day!

2 comments:

Jellyfish said...

I love this holiday! Any day that celebrates a video game is an A+ in my opinion.

I would definitely play Mario Kart: Double Dash for the Gamecube. The classic is always fun, but nothing is better than the DD tag-team mode.

I hope there aren't fanatics out there who'd take the holiday the wrong way, though. We might have crazy people throwing bananas, turtles, and, uh... explosives out of their cars. Some people just can't draw the line between "a fun time" and "an unreasonably dangerous act of illegal nature."

I bet this holiday would make Nintendo happy, too.

Checkers said...

I've always loved this game. I remember back when I was a kid and I got this game for Christmas; I played the entire day until I beat the game. This holiday would definately beat out some of the other holidays we currently celebrate. I would celebrate this holiday, but I wouldn't take it too seriously, like Jellyfish is saying. I would most likely invite a bunch of friends over and host a tournament to see who is the best gamer. If we were to go to school on this day, I would either skip to play the game or force the teachers to hold tournaments during school. It should be made a holiday. But maybe it should be broadened some to just Mario Day. That way if someone doesn't like Mario Kart but they like other Mario games, they could just resort to playing those. Then, this would be a great holiday in my book!