Thursday, January 8, 2009

Meridian Manor, a place said to be a final resting place for the elderly. A place where needs are met, and comfort is found. For the most part this is true. The food they serve in this home for the old is excellent and delicious. Compared to most nursing homes though, the wages the staff in the kitchen receive is very low compared to most. In other sites of nursing homes, the workers receive $9 an hours, where as Meridian Manor hands out a measly $7 and hours. Even after working there for 2 years you would only receive $8 dollars an hour. The work hours at Meridian are exceptional to say in the least. The latest you would have to work too is 7:00 PM, sounds easy enough. These hours leave you plenty of free time afterwards, but this also hinders your pay check quality. All in all Meridian Manor is a fun and interesting place to work at, 4/5.

2 comments:

Squarish Square said...

I give this 0 out of 0 stars. That is not 100%. It is that it sounds so bad, I won't even afford it a unit of measurement. You see, I didn't sell my soul to make a bottom line just to squander my ill-gotten wealth on teens and other laborers. I demand that brain-workers look after me. I think this place is unacceptable for someone as flush with equity as me.

souledout4 said...

Nursing homes creep me out and this review did not change my mind. I am very skeptical on your claim that the food is delicious. This review seems to concern the workers in the nursing home rather than the old people. I don't care about the workers in the nursing home, I want to know how the elderly are treated! But on that note, why do the workers only work until 7? Is anyone left to take care of the old people? I don't know the structure of the workforce in a nursing home, you see, so it'd be nice to be assured that the old people aren't abandoned. I will avoid Meridian Manor as I will avoid all nursing homes.