Tuesday, September 9, 2008

# 1


Musicians: This is a picture representing one of the greatest rock bands in history, Led Zeppelin. This picture also represents Stairway to Heaven, one of there more recognizable songs. Another good song by Led Zeppelin was Rock and Roll, Black dog, Kashmir, Battle of Evermore, and many more. Led Zeppelin is one of my favorite bands, mostly because i like rock, but also because there music is nice and relaxing and is just plain good. The band was formed in 1968, and the music is still popular today. Although Led Zeppelin is gone a tribute band is coming out called Zed Leppelin, who sound much like the original. Led Zeppelin was one of the first band that i had gotten into, and remains a favorite.

My Peers: Led Zeppelin, yes the one that has been on news break alot, is one of the greatest rock bands in history. They ranked just below the Beatles, and The Rolling Stones, also great bands, in the rock hall of fame. They are best known for Stairway to Heaven, which is a great song to listen to while you chill and do homework. Led Zeppelin is one of my favorite bands, and so as you can see I'm into rock and roll, not so much rap. They've been around since the 70's until the drummer John Boham died from choking on his own vomit from drinking too much. After that they have been in and out with each other over the years. Zed Leppelin, a tribute band, is on my list for concerts to see, so I'm hoping that they go on tour in honor of Led Zeppelin.

2 comments:

sisu said...

Both of these descriptions on the picture were very well written. I felt as if I could relate more to the peers one becuase you gave your personal opinion on what you thought of the band and gave advice on good songs for us to listen to. Also I felt that the paragraph that was written to the musicians was not as intresting. However, this is just my opinion, and afterall I would probably have a hard time relating to it since im not even a musician.

runcarnyrun said...

The peer audience description worked. You included a wealth of personalization and references that made it seem as if you were actually talking to your friends. I don't like the musician paragraph as much. It doesn't seem like that's the type of stuff I'd talk about to a gathering of musicians. They're more into the making of the music and the nuances of the band's style. Zeppelin for the win.